Re: CUPS screenshots !

From: abdulhaq <al-arabeyes at alinsyria dot fsnet dot co dot uk>

I think that once the monspaced font has been found that this extra space will
be a problem as it might lead to misread words (laa + shay'an instead of the
actual word [transliteration - there I go again]).

this is a minor issue for now. more important is figuring out why Ossama didnt see the arabic text, although the chars are encoded well, and the font is embedded and the names are the same. and also making sure everything works fine. then there is a _BIG_ task of converting the whole patch to conform to CUPS' coding standards... but i will eventually get to it ISA.

In my python program I did nothing special in my character stream to make the
harakaat appear over the previous character, it just happened. I assumed that
it was a feature of the font marking the fatHa etc as a diactrical mark. Is
this not the case then?

this is different since CUPS' filter writes the whole .PS file from scratch and it points out every char/string 's (X, Y) position. so it needs to keep the same (X, Y) coordinates for the harakat as the previous char.

ak.