Re: i18n bug regarding Arabic-Indic numbers needinfo.

On Saturday 01 May 2004 01:39 pm, Diego Iastrubni wrote:
> בשבת, 1 במאי 2004, 09:22, נכתב על ידי Munzir Taha:
> > Will you please summarize to me the end of this story ;) If it's not
> > solved please make sure a bug report is posted and let us know in
> > Arabeyes so we can vote.
>
> Munzir,
> as far as I care, open 7 bug reports, and ask arabeyes to sign them all...
> this one has been closed in the BRANCH, and I will port to head in the near
> future.
>
> Next time, do open the bug before you complain, so next release we can say
> "so and so bugs were fixed regarding RTL/BIDI issues. No need to sign, if
> you notify me and I can handle it :)

Diego, please be more clear. I am not saying it here because I want to brag
regarding a fixed issue that I just reported. Still I am not sure whether
your solution is a hack or a neat fix. I am saying it here because I want
people who said it's a hack and this problem should be solved in glibc to
come and argue about it now. I also don't know whether you followed a thread
here before. Afterall, everyone should know about any Arabic related problem
that's fixed so he won't waste time duplicating the work.

I really didn't like your reply but let's hope it's a misunderstanding!

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club member
Maintainer of Mandrake Arabization Project Status
http://www.arabeyes.org/download/documents/distros/mdkarabicsupport-en/
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA