Re: final putty testing

--- ahmad khalifa <ahmadkhalifa at hotmail dot com> wrote:
> the .exe is here
>   http://www.toomuchcookies.net/~arabeyes/putty-6.6.exe
>
> look for...
> - problems with the check boxes in "Terminal/Features".
> - problems with resizing the terminal window.
> - problems with shaping.
> - problems with Bidi. (anything except the explicit marks)

I, like Elzubeir, still see that dancing ":".  It doesn't
consistently exhibit the dance feature :-) though.  I've found
that if you highlight various text from within 'less' it sometimes
forces a dance.

The dancing entails this.  Upon start-up the line looks like
this,

  Here are some Random words: -- 3ashwaiya Kalimat

(which is not correct since the ':' should be at the left-most
of the line), then I do various highlights, etc to see if I can
get it to change and it does sometimes and I end-up with the
correct line that looks like this,

  :Here are some Random words -- 3ashwaiya Kalimat

and in some instances the ':' goes back to its wrong location and
thus the dancing.

> - any problems at all...

Do please look into cut-n-paste issues.  In other words, if I highlight
a word on a RTL line and then paste it somewhere, I don't get what I
expect (I thought this worked before, but I could be wrong).  In any
regard, give it a try and see if you can highlight some single random
words and paste them correctly (my guess is that the cut-n-paste code
doesn't take Bidi into consideration).

Keep up the Great work (we are indeed VERY close).