Re: PuTTY Testing

--- ahmad khalifa <ahmadkhalifa at hotmail dot com> wrote:
> >As noted on IRC, there are instances when the '-' is in the wrong
> >location.  Plus it would be best to use the following test file in
> >addition to using Fribidi's test-file,
> >
> >   http://crl.nmsu.edu/~mleisher/testbidi/testsrc.txt
>
> my Bidi is 100% (probably 99%) compliant to the "Refrence Code"
> and using FriBidi's tests and results, everything went well, with
> CapRTL.

Again, do please try the test CapRTL file listed above.

> the only problem is that the results from the Refrence Code and
> fribidi's test files are different (in some cases) from this webpage
>
>   http://crl.nmsu.edu/~mleisher/ucdata.html
>
> so, which one should i consider the Standard ?

I'd say the Unicode Reference Code is the golden model we'd like to follow.

> behdad ?
> are FriBidi's test files (and their results) the way to go ? or that page ?

I'd also recommend that you download Unicode's reference code (which
you have already done) and run their latest code on all testcases and
compare those with your code for sanity's sake.

> The latest .exe is here..
>
>   http://www.toomuchcookies.net/~arabeyes/putty6.5.exe
>
> about the crashes, their supposed to be fixed now...

Yup, I think you got 'em :-)  I've been unable to crash PuTTY (anyone
else verify that ?).

> and the Line "Here are some..." well, i looked at the file
> with a hex editor, it seems like it was entered correctly, so
> i worked on it... it looks right now..

Well its not quite perfect yet.  Try the following - 'less' that file
and then double-click on any word below the line in question.  Do you
notice the ':' changing location (ie. dancing) ?  I also noticed that
text in arabic that denotes "(Arabeyes):" on line number-3 also gets
its colon (ie. ':') to dance as well.  Try scrolling, minimizing/maximizing
and/or selecting some single word texts via mouse to see what I mean.
In short, note the location of the ':' each time you do anything.

> but i still think that there are some differences between
> the reference code and that university page...
>
> in the next days, i'll be adding the checkboxes to turn Bidi and
> Shaping OFF

Wonderful, do please make sure you CVS commit any changes - we're
getting VERY close !!  Keep at it Ahmad and thanks.