Re: CMS and stuff

--- Armelle Nedelec <arn at scs-net dot org> wrote:
> I'm French, but working in the field of Arabic language, at least
> technically.

Great.

> I cannot do translation but I'm working on putting a web based
> library management software in UTF-8 to translate it in Arabic.
> As I'm fighting since a while with PHP and MYSQL and Arabic, maybe
> I can help in something.
> The software I'm working with is called PMB, visible on
> sourceforge.org.

If you are looking for translation type of issues, please post your
questions/comments/etc on arabeyes' "doc" mailing-list.  This list
is for coding related issues only.

BTW: make sure to mention URLs whenever you relate to something.

> 	Other subject, I saw that you're trying to arabize CMS using
> phpNuke. Did you check SPIP ? he has already utf-8 support and is
> developing a real multi language interface with rtl and is already
> translated in Arabic.

I don't think anyone is arabizing phpNuke (again, please take this
subject onto the 'doc' mailing-list), we wanted to stress upon
developers and users alike to default to UTF-8 on their CMS offerings
instead of CP-1256, etc.

When you reply to 'doc' :-) make sure to mention an english URL for SPIP.