Re: my Bidi implementation

What exactly is the licence of Putty and why wouldn't it be compatible
with LGPL which is FriBidi's licence? Not only that, since you have
all of the copyright holder's of FriBidi on this list, you may ask
them if they would be prepared to provide a different licence which
is compatible with Putty... I decided to licence FriBidi under LGPL
exactly for the reason of that there shouldn't be any problems using
it in free or commercial programs!

putty is X/MIT, i think.. im not exactly sure. its here... http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/licence.html

there seem to be some sort of issue with putty's license, we cant include
FriBidi's code _in_ putty... i think it has to do with FriBidi's license, we cant
include it in putty...

and as far as i know, FriBidi's license cant be changed...
behdad pointed out that the STABLE code has no conflicts between
the authors on changing the license, while the HEAD cannot be changed...
im new here, so i dont know what HEAD and STABLE mean... :)

and as i said, we need to include FriBidi's code _in_ putty, not as an external
library, i.e not a DLL or SO... so putty.exe would contain FriBidi... and putty
would be just one file, which is what the author wants...

ak.