Re: my Bidi implementation

Well, I read the whole code as soon as it was posted on the list.
First, there is a huge problem with bidi types, that are only
handled for ASCII/Latin1 and Arabic blocks, why?  Other than
that, well, the code pretty simply implements the bidi algorithm,
ignoring the details and hard parts ;).  But it's a good starting
point if you try the tests on it.

About tests, there are a bunch of them in the FriBidi source
code, with expected output, but aware that the CapRTL charset is
an invented character set solely for testing purposes...

behdad

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004, Nadim Shaikli wrote:

> --- ahmad khalifa <ahmadkhalifa at hotmail dot com> wrote:
> > ok, there is a big c file available on CVS...
> > its my attempt at implementing minimum Bidi...
>
> Great, the more people understanding (more fully) the Bidi algorithm
> the better ;-)
>
> > i tried it with putty, it seems to work correctly most of the time...
>
> Could you please upload an .exe with your Bidi code embedded ?
>
> > anyway, im still working on it, and debugging it... would be
> > very helpfull if anybody could look at it and give me some feedback,
> > on anything that i might have missed or done wrong...
> > half the file is comments... every block of code has a comment
> > stating the rule it applies..
> >
> > http://cvs.arabeyes.org/viewcvs/projects/external/putty/bidi.c
>
> We have a few experts here (Behdad, Roozbeh, Dov) that certainly have
> enough experience in this topic and I'm sure enough test files and
> checks exist in their homedir to really be helpful :-)  Gentlemen ?
>
> I also remember seeing a table (on unicode.org ?) that noted various
> string tests and compared the output of various "popular" Bidi
> implementations.  It would be wise to get a hold of those strings and
> tests to run them through the new Bidi (have a name for it ?) stand-alone
> (in concert with the .exe user testing) and compare your implementation
> to others'.
>
> I found this via google,
>
>   http://crl.nmsu.edu/~mleisher/ucdata.html
>
> Keep up the inspiring work going !!