PuTTY Bidi

New putty with Bidi available here: http://www.toomuchcookies.net/~arabeyes/putty7.exe

i have a few questions about Bidi in general and then i'll get to PuTTY.

+ Can i use the Refrence Code avalable in UAX #9 at (i already did)
  http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr9/
  the code is at
  http://www.unicode.org/unicode/reports/tr9/BidiReferenceCpp
  it says it can be “Distributed Freely”? At the top of bidi_c.txt
  Are there any license issues or anything i should
  know of.? I'll give credits and all...

+ Is it good ? It seems to work for me..
I had to modify the Type table (i.e that has character types, like L, R AL, CS, etc..)
and added another table for arabic.

+ If i can use the code, can someone who knows Bidi better than me, check the code to
see if my changes are sufficient to handle all arabic and english chars (i.e check the
Type Tables at least).? The patch is not yet available.

PuTTY.
Putty7.exe does Bidi and shaping, Bidi Comes from
http://www.unicode.org/unicode/reports/tr9/BidiReferenceCpp
it seems to work well with ar_utf8. (maybe even better than MSIE)

I added a CheckBox to “Terminal/Features” at the end that says
“Disable Arabic Shaping and Flipping” by default its unchecked, if you check it
you should see unShaped, unBidied arabic.

So, anyone wants to test it and give feedback..?
testers should look for the following:

+ Shaping works well. (except a space after Lam-Alef, and unshaped char before Lam-Alef)
+ Bidi works very well, with Right Line alignment. (i.e line starting with arabic start at
the right).
+ Cursor is messed up, especially when line starts at the right.
+ Harakat dont appear. (i dunno y !!! i looked everywhere in the code)
+ the checkbox at “Terminal/Features” that says “Disable Arabic Shaping and Flipping”
+ works well, it even can be saved with the default settings. Try to change the settings
during a session.

if we can use the Refrence Code available from UAX #9 i'll make the patch and
rename the option in “Terminal/Features” from Flipping to Bidi.

ATTN nadim: please postpone your cosmetic changes until the new patch is uploaded (if it is)...
or u can just tell me what they are...

ok all, enjoy putty7.exe.

PS: Does anyone really use PuTTY?

ak.