[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Long Live Owen Taylor
- To: Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at cs dot toronto dot edu>
- Subject: Re: Long Live Owen Taylor
- From: C Bobroff <irina at u dot washington dot edu>
- Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 10:47:49 -0800 (PST)
- Cc: otaylor at redhat dot com, developer at arabeyes dot org, Persian Computing List <persiancomputing at lists dot sharif dot edu>
On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> * Pango can correctly render Arabic harakats
You're talking about Arabic here so that's fine but don't forget when
testing Persian, you should test with presence of lots of ZWNJ's. The
presence of ZWNJ seems to cause the browser to not be able to calculate
where to put the harakat and they end up randomly strewn about. At least
that's what's been observed with Mozilla and also on Mac's.
I can't say for sure if ZWNJ is the culprit but it appears to be so. You
of course know more about this than me.