Re: General Queries

> 1. I've checked sorting of arabic and urdu characters on spread sheet in
> Open Office . It sort characters according to some rules but the sorted
> characters do not match the real collating sequence of arabic or urdu
> language neither does it sorts them according to unicode number. For
> example it sorts character "heh" before "waw" , puts " tteh " before
> character "sey" and "hamza" before " alef " and etc etc . Could you tell
>  me what sorting algorithm it uses ?
"heh" before "waw", well, this sorting is used indeed ! there is the sorting
we now "alif ba2 teh..." (the sorting in one phrase is a.ba.ta.tha.go.h.kho.d..., I don't
remember the rest), but there is anothing sorting, "a.b.ga.d.ha.wa.z.ho.t.i.ka.la.mo.n..." in that sorting, the "heh" (refered as "ha") is before "waw" (refered
as "wa".

was-salamu alaykom...

--

 Ahmed El-Mahmoudy