Re: Backspace in BiCon (a bug?)

On Yaum al-Jumma 15 Rabi` al-Thaani 1425 01:45 pm, Muhammad Alkarouri wrote:
> hi,
>
> Can anyone confirm if the backspace is working correctly in BiCon or not?
>
> Please do the following test:
>
> Test 1:
> execute bicon as 'bicon sd' then enter
> 'السلام' then enter backspace then
> enter the letter 'م' again.

you mean touch سلام  ?
or just the word سلام

in case of the first, done.
in case of the latter case I got the output
bash: سلام: command not found

which proves the BACSPACE is working properly here.

> Test 2:
> execute 'bicon sd' then execute 'cat' then enter
> 'السلام' then enter backspace then
> enter the letter 'م' again. press the return character and report the
> output.

no output which means (depending on the first scenario) the BACKSPACE is
working properly.

Karouri, don't ask for more tests or i will send you more bugs ;)
here is one: copying and pasting an Arabic test from bicon to other
applications will get the characters reversed.

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club member
Maintainer of Mandrake Arabization Project Status (MAPS)
http://www.arabeyes.org/download/documents/distros/mdkarabicsupport-en/
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA