Re: Bidi-less Applications Patching Policy

Salam,

On Tuesday 01 June 2004 21:29, Muhammad Alkarouri wrote:

[...]

> > Well, that's why QAC was created for, remember ? ie: to suggest, to
> > propose, to improve, to refer to existing work...... If you have any
> > issue with what is done on translation, then propose solutions
>
> That was before somebody did a general comment that was even not QAC
> specific and got fired under the core WMD act.

Sorry, but you are mixing things up. Mohammed E. said QAC don't have the
mandate to discuss Arabeyes Charter and I fully agree with him. QAC is to
discuss translations issues and only translations issues. That being said,
this does NOT mean QAC members can't discuss the charter. They can, like any
other Arabeyes member, but it only has to be out of the QAC scope ;) Really
simple no ? :)

Now, you know that the charter is going to be 'improved' and there'll even be
elections to choose core members and the hierarchy is going to be changed
anyway. Again that is nothing new, it's in the Core meetings minutes and
agenda. Mohammed E. is working on the subject 'himself' ;)

[...]

> Add to the reason list, btw:
> - Lack of communication. Example: I am interested in supporting Arabic on
> the command line, but I wasn't able to catch what's happening on the other
> side of Arabeyes. While it seems that core do have the global picture, we
> don't. It didn't even help that I subscribed to core, and stealing a look
> at cvs is a post mortem act:)

I'm tempted to say that it is all up to you ;) I mean if you don't voice your
intention to work on a subject, how are we supposed to know ? Of course, we
never said communication is perfect, and for this specific point you could
simply have added a point to the ArabeyesTodos wiki page (publicly editable)
and posted to this very list. Is that really complicated ? ;) I can give you
at least _3 examples_ (from different and new people) that did that in the
very recent weeks...

Karouri, all I can say is that your arguments are falling apart ;) Sorry to
say it that way: one argument is simply false (the ALECSO case), another
needs obviously some discussion maybe (MiniBidi) and the last is also kind of
false (it needed a very small bit of research and digging from your side).
So, are you really justifying your decision to leave us with those thin
reasons ? ;)

Of course, now if you say: I can't stand you guys, I hate the project, I hate
the name, I hate the logo, the CVS version number used is cursed, the website
PHP code is ugly (which is quite true ;), then what else can we do about it
;))

Seriously, come on, I'm sure you'll reconsider.

Regards,

- --
Youcef R. Rahal
Arabeyes.org