Re: ITL: reminder script

--- Ahmed El-Mahmoudy <aelmahmoudy at users dot sourceforge dot net> wrote:
> Here is the last version of ipremind.pl, prayer time reminder for
> ipraytime.  I fixed some bugs in it.

Ahmed, sorry for the very long delay (I didn't forget).  I've just
committed [1] something similar to your script (sans the sound playing
for now since the sound on my machine is dead, but that will come soon
enough Inshalla) - it should function in a similar manner to what you
proposed.  I've also tried to extend your idea to include other things
(imsaak time as well as shorooq, etc).

You can easily ignore all or part of events via the following options,

 $ ireminder.pl -skip shorooq -skip imsaak -skip zuhr
 or
 $ ireminder.pl -skip "shorooq imsaak zuhr"
 or
 $ ireminder.pl -skip "shorooq, imsaak, zuhr"

and you can specify multiple reminder if you so wish (the default has
4 I believe (1, 5, 10, 20) using similar nomenclature as noted above).
So you can,

 $ ireminder.pl -reminder 5 -reminder 30
 or
 $ ireminder.pl -reminder "5, 30"

to get a reminder 5 and 30 minutes before the events.

Thanks for your interest - feel free to test and send-in patches.

[1] http://cvs.arabeyes.org/viewcvs/projects/itl/programs/itools/ireminder.pl