Re: ITL testing

--- Thamer Mahmoud <thamer at newkuwait dot org> wrote:
> Nadim Shaikli writes:
> > --- Thamer Mahmoud <thamer at newkuwait dot org> wrote:
> >
> > LD_LIBRARY_PATH is your friend as was just noted to Abdulhaq :-)
> > I guess I need to add a small'ish note in the README file.
>
> Thanks, but what's the permanent solution for this? Also, the
> installing shared library section (3.5) of this how-to [1] seems to
> indicate that LD_LIBRARY_PATH is for debugging and testing only and
> not for installing libraries. And what about this [2]?

Its a very common procedure and lots of libraries and applications use
it and depend on it.  In any regard, I will look into embedding the path
in the applications themselves (via the configure/make procedure) as well
as investigate a static library option.

> By the way, they also recommend compiling object files with the -fPIC
> flag for some reason.

I'll look into this (I'm not familiar with it).