Re: Arabeyes Fonts in RPM

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004, Mohammed Elzubeir wrote:

> Well, between the 3 of us doing different packages for different
> distro's for the same fonts, we should try to come up with a common
> name. I use "ttf-arabeyes". It says the package is TTF, it says it is
> made by Arabeyes (instead of the ae which can be confusing). I didn't
> want to call it ttf-arabic or something similar because I would like to
> anticipate that there will be other entities with fonts that support
> Arabic (it would be presumptious to call them 'arabic-fonts' just like
> that) ;)
>
> It would be preferable if the upstream release itself had a name that we
> can all follow (so in this case Sherif did the most sensible thing, to
> follow the same naming scheme used by upstream).

I agree with ElZubeir. For Fedora there is already "fonts-arabic"
RPM which has the KCAST fonts. I belive we should submite Arabeyes
fonts to be included as well, maybe "arabic-fonts" should have
both.  I updated the bugzilla to see if Owen can review arabeyes
fonts so it can be included in the package.

Thanks

Sherif