Re: Quran certification: community project

--- Riyad Preukschas <rpreukschas at web dot de> wrote:
> This is my idea for a quran certification community project. I
> chose the idea of an community project in order to be independent
> from institutions and organizations and also give them a chance to
> participate.

I read your email a couple of time and although I commend you on
your ideas and your interest, I really don't think this is the
way we should proceed.  We should not get into the business
(figuratively speaking) of creating data and/or authoring it
ourselves and then validate it via votes and consensus.  The
point of this entire project was/is to supply the user authentic
data he/she can trust (100%) to be valid from an established
entity that is qualified to make sure judgments.  We had a number
of translations uploaded and after a bit of thought decided that
we can't safely distribute them without someone well-versed in
such matters (and who has done this and is recognized by some
3ulama to have the proper background to make such actions) to
verify them.  You might wonder who/what/where/etc and why such
a global entity doesn't already exist, but that's beyond our
scope and should be pursued in earnest outside our realm.

I think we now have found 2 well established and well respected
avenues to certify the data - so its not much on an issue.  What
we need now is to get back to basics - we need a proper release
and closure on the data files (structure/hierarchy/etc) along
with starting a discussion on how to safe-guard the data and
the application to, again, ensure the the genuine article is
being shown.