Re: Arabic OCR

On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 08:54, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> This question was asked not too long ago on the 'general'
> list and I thought I'd try here as well.

> Does anyone know of an Open Source application that is
> capable of Arabic OCR (Optical Character Recognition) ?

I am almost sure there is no such thing as an Open Source Arabic OCR.
The only people who are involved in such a thing I know of (who have had
varying degrees of success) are Sakhr. There are probably others
involved -- but such applications require some serious funding,
research, equipment, etc. It's like expecting Open Source games to be
comparable with multi-million dollar commercial games.

Regards
| Unix the 'right' way |  http://elzubeir.fakkir.net/ |