Re: less & composing characters - fix

>   * About Non-Spacing Marks like Fatha it makes more sense.  But
> again, the problem is that:  Terminals like xterm and probably
> mlterm, put the mark on top of the character, so no width
> allocated for the mark.  But what we're gonna do in Linux
> console?  There (as done by BiCon now), a non-spacing mark still
> occupies a single width.  So how's less gonna handle this case?

Oh dear.  This is news to me.  So there are some terminals which honor
composing characters (make them take zero width), and others that do
not?  Is it safe to assume there are only two types of terminals, those
that honor all composing chars and those that honor none of them?  Or
could there be a terminal that treats some composing chars as zero width
and others as normal spacing chars?

--Mark