Re: grace period [ was developers' guide]

On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 10:08:10AM +0400, Mohammed Elzubeir wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 10:03, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
>
> > This is the one item that doesn't gimme the warm-n-fuzzies.  I always
> > comment my code enough for me to remember what the heck I was trying to
> > do (and that is no easy task for my wrapped brain), yet I'm uneasy about
> > having a "framework"/system in place that tells me how I should do it - I
> > also know ZERO about doxygen (and thus the uneasiness), but we all learn
>
> I think people are really overestimating how complicated this can be. It
> could be as simple as:
>
> /**
>   * Use bits of the key to control branching
>   * during a search
>   *
>   * @param link, Key, int
>   */
> Item searchP (link, Key, int);
>
> That's all there is to it. Why is this such a big deal? You don't even
> have to use keywords like @param and whatnot.
>
> > and if its a must, I can certainly give it a try at a min to have a better
> > stance in the future :-)  I think the intent here is to have the source
> > code commented to some degree (in case people disappear and someone else
> > needs to pick up), but I don't think doxygen will guarantee the quality
> > of those comments.  I also think most (if not all) applications should have

I'm not talking about the complications. I'm talking about using
another method of documentation when the used toolkit is providing
another framework.
I can't get it,  If the aim is to comment the code, Why not leave the
commenting style choise to the developer ?
u want it to be unified across all the projects ? I'm coding a gtk
app, All or most gtk app use gtk-doc, why do I have to be different ?
Same goes for Qt.

And what about the versioning number ?
Same gave me a plus with the autogen.sh thingy!

--
-- Katoob Main Developer