Re: test Putty

I confirm that it _is_ working on XP the way intended (ie. shaping is
now disabled).

cool...

In passing, it looks like I can't see any Arabic characters if I use
PuTTY's "Lucida Console" fonts.  My older version (0.53b) worked
fine with that font and I just tried Simon vanilla 0.54 release and it
shows the shaped Arabic there as well (so it most likely not a font
issue after all).  In short, if I select "Lucida Console" font
(via the "Appearance->Change->Lucida Console, Regular, 14") empty spaces
appear where Arabic characters should be - all is fine while using the
default "Courier New".

i just checked Lucida Console in the Character Map... it doesnt have any arabic Glyphs...!! :)

to be sure if a font has arabic glyphs or not check the "Script:" when you're
choosing the Font Name...

Ahmad/Musab, I'll fire off an email to Simon to get him to re-engage
so we can move a step ahead (the "Lucida Console" can be looked into
later I guess).

ok

ak...