PuTTY & Bidi - what's next

Simon, we're done with phase-1 as agreed upon during our IRC session.
Shaping and windows' meddling with the characters has been disabled.

Here are some links to finding the Patch and a binary .exe file,

  http://cvs.arabeyes.org/viewcvs/projects/external/putty/
  http://ahmadkhalifa.tripod.com/putty/putty.exe

Here is a test file (in case you need one),

  http://www.arabeyes.org/~nadim/ar_utf8

Feel free to comment if you see things not being done right.

A couple of things we'd like to do (again as agreed upon),

 1. Could we get our hands on the outline that you'd been assembling
    with regard to how to proceed now that shaping (and windows'
    interaction) has been disabled ?  Where best to shape and call
    the Bidi function, etc.

 2. Has a decision been made on which Bidi code to embed (is IBM's ICU
    bidi code acceptable vs. fribidi's ? others ?)

All of the above was noted in our previous IRC meeting,

  http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/developer/2004/January/msg00086.html

With all that said, should we touch base again on IRC to fill-in the
parts we left off earlier (which day/time works best ?).

BTW: Ahmad Khalifa has joined the effort, so don't be surprised to hear
     from him.

Do please CC 'developer' in your replies - the list moderator will approve
'em within a day or so.

Looking forward to hearing back from ya.