Re: Putty: Informing Simon

--- ahmad khalifa <ahmadkhalifa at hotmail dot com> wrote:
> >I suggest the following,
> >
> >  1. Get a README and a .patch file uploaded to Arabeyes putty CVS
> >     ASAP (a simple README of who's working on this and the overall
> >     plan, etc and a 'diff' of the new code vs. original)
>
> i just remembered, there is no diff or patch on Windows.. i have redhat,
> but my point is... will a patch file be useful on Windows...??

I believe Simon does all his coding on linux (if my memory serves me right),
so copy the files over to a *nix box and diff there if you can't get it
done on windows (I know zero about windows).

> >  3. Ask Simon for his "outline" as he promised - he said he'll furnish
> >     one once we are done with the removal of shaping.
>
> i think a vague outline of what he wants is in the previous chat's log...
> i tried to follow that vague outline

Once the shaping-disable patch is on arabeyes' CVS we'll contact him via
email and try to setup an IRC session.

> >In passing, do please make available the binary you guys are working
> >on so that some of us can test it.
>
> where..? i dont have a website... on CVS ??

It would be best if you could upload to a website somewhere - there are
various free ones out there (an account with yahoo offers that as well
via their 'www.geocities.com/USERNAME').  Worse come to worse, you can
mail it to be in private.