From: Anmar Oueja [mailto:anmar at canada dot com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 10:04 PM
To: Development Discussions
Subject: Re: remastering morphix

Hello :

Well we did not implement bidi in Arabbix. GNOME 2.2 supports bidi using
a library called pango. If you are thinking of writing your own
application that supports bidi, then using GTK 2.2+ with pango will work
just fine. Check out the GNOME development website... you can start at

www.gnome.org and click on the developer link.

If you wanted to know how bidi works and wanted to develop an app that
uses things other than GTK 2+ or QT, then check out
http://fribidi.sf.net this is the free implementation of the BIDI
algorithm. in the tar ball you will find some good samples.

If you have specific development questions, please send them to
developer at arabeyes dot org but first make sure you are subscribed to that list.

Please be more specific next time so I can better asnwer you.

Kind Regards,

Anmar