Re: BiCon status ?

--- Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at cs dot toronto dot edu> wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Aug 2004, Muhammad Alkarouri wrote:
> > Behdad can you please confirm if you have something standing. Probably
> > not, as you are still engaged with fribidi and other bidi issues.
>
> I don't have anything do to with BiCon soon.  The project is just
> a hack in my opinion, and it's almost all we can get with this
> method.  In the future after I released GNU FriBidi, we may need
> to make a release to reflect the new FriBidi API, but right now,
> I don't see any reason for a release.  More importantly, the last
> release we did was not called alpha at all by the maintainers,
> but Arabeyes people.

I beg to differ, none of the "Arabeyes people" (us plague stricken folk)
said anything in that regard.  It was released initially with 'yyyymmdd'
and it was discussed by both you and Mr. Alkarouri as an 'alpha',

  http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/developer/2004/April/msg00035.html
  http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/developer/2004/April/msg00038.html

among other posts.

The 0505 release was simply a continuation of the pre-announced alpha
or so I at least thought (the numbering certainly leads one to believe
that).

All I'm after is a 0.1 release - not sure what the big deal is especially
now with Behdad's comment that it already should have been a 0.1 release.