Re: don't know where to start from

--- Muneer Syed <syedmuneer at gmail dot com> wrote:
> I recently joined arabeyes as I am interested in contributing towards
> opensource.

Great, welcome aboard - don't get discouraged and don't disappear on us.
To get going on any project will take a bit of time, so be patient, try
to get on IRC to talk to people to get some ideas and look into the
following thread (of someone in the same boat as you are in who seems
to have vanished),

  http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/developer/2004/August/msg00001.html

> But I don't know where to start from, as I don't have any projects in
> mind to start from scratch and I don't know where can I fit in ongoing
> projects. I have good analytical, problem sovling and java programming
> skills. So any project lead who need an extra set of head and pair
> hands, please contact me if you think I can be of any use to you

Also read this post (part of the thread above),

  http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/developer/2004/August/msg00021.html

As noted it might take a bit of time and effort to get you going, but
don't get discouraged - make sure to keep asking and do a bit of research
on what is noted to know if you'd be interested in moving along some of
the paths noted or not.  If nothing seems to meet your fancy, I'm sure we
can come up with something.