Re: X.org influence

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004, Youcef Rabah Rahal wrote:

> I (personally) have no problem with that, given everyone is
> happy and can see their glyphs in a nice suitable font :-)
>
> A question though: isn't it possible to also add a 'Persian'
> font to Fedora ?  I ask this because I know that Persian font
> style (the visual or the artistic display) is somewhat
> different from the Arabic one. So maybe everyone would like to
> see an appropriate font with a given language ?

We can add a couple of Persian fonts if there is enough reason
(different style, etc) to the distro, but still the Arabic fonts
should work for Persian too, and vice versa.  Because language
detection is not that easy, and sooner or later the Kacst font
will should up somewhere that the user has not set Persian fonts.

> Regards,

--behdad
  behdad.org