Re: Moslem Calendar in Open Office

--- Mark Lautman <mark dot lautman at acterna dot com> wrote:
> Are there plans for an automatic Moslem date field
> in Open Office? For
> example, the date field should include an option to
> display today's date
> using the Moslem calendar (8 Ramadan 1424). I am
> using OO 1.1, and do not
> see such a feature.
>
> If you need somebody to help with the computation, I
> can provide basic
> coding assistance. However, la atakalmu arabia.
>
> Regards,
>

> ML

Dear sir,
Thanks for your interest.
Actually, we at Arabeyes.org are currently having a
discussion about a whole library of Islamic tools
including the dates as you mentioned.
If you're really interested, here's the main topic of
our discussion:
http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/general/2003/October/msg00224.html
and the project home page:
http://www.arabeyes.org/project.php?proj=ITL

So, maybe when this is complete, we can persue
including it with OOo.

regards,
Ossama Khayat