Re: mined ligature joining

--- Thomas Wolff <mined towo net> wrote:
> A few days ago, you should have received the announce of mined 2000.6.
> Is everything OK as you would expect?

Looks fine to me, others ?

> I wonder however about the following plan; please tell me what you
> think about it:
> If I find an easy way to integrate a bidi library, I might implement
> mined's own right-to-left algorithm, so that it wouldn't depend on
> mlterm but could apply bidi in a normal xterm (not like the experimental
> "poor man's bidi" mode I have now which stores Arabic text in the
> wrong order).
>
> A disadvantage would be that it would be run in a terminal that wouldn't
> support right-to-left with normal Unix tools.
> An advantage would be that the right-to-left initial property of a
> line could be determined in the context of a paragraph, not just the
> single line. Would that be a considerable benefit?

Bidi is a well spec'ed and well documented algorithm,

  http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr9/tr9-11d2.html

you can also look into and use the now rather popular 'fribidi' library,

  http://fribidi.sf.net

Including proper bidi support is always welcomed, but do allow the option
for people to disable it (if a user opts to use mined within mlterm).

Hope that helped & Salam.