[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Unicode text editor mined 2000 release 6
- To: linux-utf8 at nl dot linux dot org, mined at towo dot net
- Subject: Re: Unicode text editor mined 2000 release 6
- From: Werner LEMBERG <wl at gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 09:54:25 +0100 (CET)
- Cc: developer at arabeyes dot org
> Mined was the first text mode editor with Unicode support.
Hmm, are you sure? The `sam' editor from the Plan 9 OS has `Unicode
support' since a very long time (more than 10 years IIRC, before
Unicode 1.0 was out), this is, it uses 16bit character codes natively.
Or do you mean Unicode support in a non-Unicode environment? I
suggest you rephrase this sentence to be more specific what `Unicode