[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Unicode text editor mined 2000 release 6
- To: linux-utf8 at nl dot linux dot org
- Subject: Unicode text editor mined 2000 release 6
- From: mined at towo dot net
- Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 00:45:27 +0100 (CET)
- Cc: developer at arabeyes dot org
- Cc: mined at towo dot net
mined 2000 release 6
Mined was the first text mode editor with Unicode support.
New features in this release:
* bidirectional terminal support handles Arabic ligature joining
* new command to go backward and forward along text positions
after search and other operations
(for details see the change log)
* Added recognition of mouse wheel control sequences and attached
according behaviour - untested as I don't have a mouse wheel.
* New key interpretations for shift-Return (shift-Enter) and
control-Return (control-Enter) to insert Unicode paragraph
separators and line separators respectively if Unicode
line-end handling is enabled.
* Improved coded and mnemonic character entry on prompt line.
* Fixed display problems in separated display mode
(for Unicode combined characters) on the status line.
* Reviewed various commands for remaining fixes in UTF-8 handling.
Good interactive features
* an intuitive user interface
* command control and pull-down menus available
* control and function key or mouse control
Many useful text editing features
* extensive Unicode support, including double-width and
support for bidirectional terminals including Arabic ligature
keyboard mapping and script highlighting
* many text editing capabilities, e.g. paragraph wrapping,
multi-line support in search and replacement patterns
* program editing features, HTML support and
syntax highlighting, identifier search
* systematic text and file handling safety, avoiding loss of
"Small-footprint" operation and portability
* plain text mode (terminal) operation
* instant start-up
* cross-platform operation (Unix, DOS/Windows)
More information (with screenshots and change log) and download
are available from the mined web page at
mined at towo dot net