emacs-bidi - funtional/ready, now what ?

Greetings, now that emacs-bidi has been around for over 6-months
in its current very functional state, what can be said about its
future and its possible inclusion into emacs' CVS tree ?

  http://www.m17n.org/emacs-bidi

I was recently chatting on IRC (irc.freenode.net - #emacs) about
this subject and to my surprise not many people knew of emacs-bidi's
existence let alone of whats to become of it and its inclusion.

To make a long story short and to present forward action, 'johnw'
on IRC made the following seemingly reasonable suggestions,

 1. Post a reference on gnu.emacs.sources
 2. Ask for beta testers on gnu.emacs.help
 3. Get the author to present a polished version of his changes to RMS
    - they will then to go the Emacs Devel list, and be debated there

Could someone with a bit more visibility into what's taking shape
within emacs let us know how best to proceed to make emacs-bidi an
included native functionality within emacs proper ?

Are the suggestions noted above sufficient to lead us down that road ?
What else can/needs to be done ?

PS: please CC all those included.

Regards,