Re: quran phonetic search screenshot

On Thursday 16 January 2003 10:51, Ahmed El Helw wrote:
> what works - basic searching.
>
> how it works - a c program takes the arabic quran xml file and
> translates it into a phonetic version xml file.  this is a one
> time process.
>
> after this, you can run the gtk2 application (shown in the
> screenshot), and search for something.  per the suggestion of br
> maher, i remove the vowels, spaces from everything and do a
> levenshtein search algorithm on it.
Salam,
I didn't see it yet but here are my comments:
you take the arabic xml and transliterate it, and then you search on
the transliterated xml.
I don't sure I understand it well, but if it is like the above then why
not searching on the transliterated xml the ordinary way? What benefit
we get by searching that way?

I suggest you extend your application to be a client for libquran so
others can be interested in using it