Re: Downloading and compiling projects

Ahlan Ossama,

Well, sorry for the misunderstanding, but you didn't have to edit the makefile, you had only to type (for example, if your $QTDIR was _really_ different from the one in the makefile)

prompt> make QTDIR='/usr/lib/qt3/'

and if /usr/lib/qt3/ is your QTDIR.

That's all :)

(This should be fixed before any release by using autotools, so people won't have to enter this on prompt. This is only for the current developement version.)

Anyway, i'm glad that you could compile it ! And I see on the screenshot that your are pushing poor old bayani to its limits ;)

However, for the arabic you have to configure your desktop. I'm no expert in this field but there are many people who faced this and wrote for us many valuable howtos. I can't tell you nothing but to read them and test !

For example:
http://www.arabeyes.org/howto/arabic-howto.en/
http://www.linux-egypt.org/article/42?PHPSESSID=8bf45b4dbbce2e32d537d461581c76df
Or you can also browse the arabeyes mailing lists archives :)

Wishing you good luck,

Youcef.

PS: look at this screenshot

http://perso.club-internet.fr/youcef.rahal/bayani/screenshots/bayani-Jan-09-2003.png

You can see proper arabic joining. But you can also see that there are too many strings I'm too lazy to write directly in arabic (it's a long story !), but that I'll do of course.