open source developer tutorial

You may find this interesting.

----- Forwarded message from Dan Kegel <dank (@) kegel.com> -----

From: Dan Kegel <dank (@) kegel.com>
To: Wine Devel <wine-devel at winehq dot com>
Subject: open source developer tutorial
Delivery-date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 12:57:35 -0800

I'm writing a tutorial for budding open source developers;
it's at http://www.kegel.com/academy/opensource.html

My goal is to expand the pool of available open source
developers by reaching out to e.g. college students
who know C but aren't part of the open source / free software
scene, and encouraging them to join in the fun.

I use Wine in several of my examples, so be forewarned,
this tutorial might cause a few newbies to post patches
to wine.

Feedback welcome.  (I'm especially interested in usability
comments -- the tutorial has to be easy to follow -- but
any feedback at all would be helpful.)

Thanks,
Dan

--