Re: (3) Arabic vim patch

--- Bram Moolenaar <Bram moolenaar net> wrote:

> Steve Hall wrote:
>
> > From: Bram Moolenaar, 02/20/03 02:10 PM
> > >
> > > Well, since we don't seem to make progress in actually solving the
> > > problem, I'm trying a brute force method: Don't use ETO_PDY when
> > > 'rightleft' is set. This won't work if you have two windows, the
> > > current one has 'norightleft' and the other with 'rightleft' is
> > > redrawn (CTRL-L). But it's better than nothing....
> >
> > [patch snipped]
> >
> > Nope, doesn't work for me, this patch actually causes the Arabic patch
> > to fail. Nadim has updated (1.12) to sync with 6.1.350 and all is
> > fine without it.
>
> Very strange.  Does the Arabic patch change something in the area of
> what patch 6.1.303 does?

Nope.  The Arabic patch as can been seen,

  http://cvs.arabeyes.org/cvsweb/projects/external/vim/arabic_shape.patch

doesn't touch or modify './src/gui_w32.c'.  Bare in mind that the Arabic
patch has not changed in content either - meaning its the same code in
6.1.320 and 6.1.350 (only changes are line numbers).

Regards,