CVS quraan

Dear all,

I am just asking about the way to use CVS to access the quraan project source code so that I can be of any help. I already have an account. I did my google homework and know the cvs basics (checkout, edit source code, commit), but I still can't connect correctly.
It would be great if someone can show me a sample cvs session. (Just how to connect and get all the files to a local directory) though I already downloaded those files from the web (can I use those old files, I bet I can, but how?)

PS: I am using RedHat8. Mozilla is the only application that shows arabic text. Does that mean I won't be able to use GnomeQuraan (bec it's arabic?). If that's so, I'd suggest someone might write a getting started guide to reading/writing arabic on linux (with importing fonts and all, ahem** Mohamed Sameer** ahem).

Thanks
Looking forward to committing my code next weekend : )