Re: Quran - fonts

I second that. I think there is a need to standardize
the "extensions" to Unicode Arabic for the purpose of
encoding the Quran. Right now it seems like every
other company is extending Unicode with their own
custom codepoints. These extra codepoints needed for
Quran encoding could be standardized, first not as a
part of the Unicode specification (since it takes a
good number of years to get codepoints accepted by
Unicode) and then a united front could be formed to
push these standard codepoints into Unicode. Of course
the cooperation with the Unicode Consortium is
essential to such an effort. Any ideas?

Peace,
Mete