Re: libquran data

> You are right. Unless they are agreed on from the
> source (being arabeyes). Modify it, as long as the
> modifications are as you describe -- which are
> essential for Farsi writings.

Thanks for the response. I can see where you are
coming from for the Arabic Quran text, but the
translations in other languages may be copyrighted by
their rightful translators. For instance I know the
translator for the Turkish translation and I doubt
that his work is in the public domain. Copyright is a
serious issue and I think it should be investigated
what to be done with the libquran data from a
copyright standpoint. Although the Arabic data seems
clear enough that it is public domain, the
translations I doubt. Any ideas?

Mete