Re: arabic docbook

On Thu, 12 Sep 2002 09:20:15 +0300,
  "Alaa The Great" <alaa annosoor org> wrote:

> Hi all,

Hello Mr "The Great" :-)

> first forgive me for sending this on developer, but this discussion
> started here and anyway this seems to be the only active list.

All lists are very much active, they just seem to burst from time to
time -- meaning the other lists are very much populated with people
who read their emails, they might be lazy and don't want to reply,
but they do very much get what you write.  Just a clarification so that
people don't start thinking that the other lists are dormant or dead -
they're _not_.

[snip snip]

> my primary interest in the subject was to find a simple and easy to
> use way for arabic users to write arabic documents.
>
> I think LyX with LaTeX is a better option.

What about Omega (I think it was mentioned here before, no ?)

  http://omega.cse.unsw.edu.au

> and anyway the latest version of Koffice has perfect arabic support.
>
> I don't think my docbook/LyX article is needed anymore.

I think you might be giving up on something that you've put quite a bit
of effort into (researching a solution to a somewhat common problem) - I
would very much recommend you not to give up and to put all your thoughts
into an email (as you have done here) and to mail it to the DocBook people
asking for their help and their possible involvement in fixing or patching
whatever needs to be fixed or patched (I'm not a docbook user, so alot
of the details are beyond me).

In short, don't give up and try to bring some resolution to this esp. since
you've done so much investigative work so far.

Just a humble opinion.