From: Jiro SEKIBA <jir(at)yamato.ibm.com>
Subject: [li18nux:1120] ANNOUNCEMENT: iterm version 0.3
To: li18nux(at)li18nux.org
	"help" (without quotes) to the address li18nux-ctl(at)li18nux.org;
	help=<mailto:li18nux-ctl(at)li18nux.org?body=help>

 Hi all, this is an announcement of iterm version 0.3.

---------------8<---------------RELNOTES---------------8<---------------
             Internationalized Terminal Emulator Framework
                    Jiro SEKIBA <jir(at)yamato.ibm.com>

* PREFACE

 This is the public release of Internationalized Terminal Emulator
Framework(iterm) version 0.3. You can download tar.gz package from
the URL below

   http://www-124.ibm.com/linux/patches/?patch_id=478

 or obtain latest codes from CVS Repository as below..

   cvs -d:pserver:anonymous(at)cvs.li18nux.org:/cvsroot login
   cvs -d:pserver:anonymous(at)cvs.li18nux.org:/cvsroot co iterm

 The distribution consist of 4 parts, such are

 - lib
    libiterm, the terminal emulator library.
 - unix/fbiterm
    terminal emulator for framebuffer, which uses libiterm.
 - unix/Xaw/lib
    libXiterm, the terminal emulator widget library.
 - unix/Xaw/src
    terminal emulator for X, which uses above widget and libiterm.

  Please check documents in each directory for further information.

* NEW FEATURES

 This time, memory consumption is significantly improved without
any speed losses.  About xiterm, it saves about 2.7M bytes
compared with xiterm of version 0.2.  libiterm version 0.3 may
have binary compatibility with version 0.2(not 0.1), but I recommend
update and recompile other library(libXiterm) and binaries(fbiterm,
xiterm).

 fbiterm now sets default environment variable TERM as 'iterm' instead
 of 'vt100' for its high capability.  iterm terminfo entry is in
unix/terminfo directory.  Please compile and install the terminfo entry.

* CHANGES

 changes since version 0.2

 - libiterm
  * added CHA(ESC [ G) Cursor Character Absolute escape sequence
  * fixed a bug of HPA mapping (ESC [ G -> ESC [ `)
  * added CHT(ESC [ I) Cursor Forward Tabulation escape sequence
  * fixed a bug that TAB(^I) doesn't wrap properly
  * added CNL(ESC [ E) Cursor Next Line escape sequence
  * added CPL(ESC [ F) Cursor Preceding Line escape sequence
  * re-implemented screen_row.c to reduce memory consumption

 - libXiterm
  * fixed a bug which doesn't send position of mouse button 3
  * changed default TERM environment variable value kterm to xterm

 - fbiterm
  * changed default TERM environment variable value vt100 to iterm

 Regards
--
Jiro SEKIBA | AP Linux Technology Center, Yamato Software Lab., IBM Japan
            | email: jir(at)yamato.ibm.com, jir(at)li18nux.org

----- End forwarded message -----

---
Was I helpful? Let others know:
http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=elzubeir