Re: Katoob & Farsi support

On Sunday 20 October 2002 22:28, Mohammed Sameer wrote:

[...]

> I've Downloaded JSDK, "Compiled ?" Shabredo.
> I was able to get a file in "Iran System" encoding,
> I can say that katoob converts the characters successfully "from iran
> system to utf8", didn't test the saving yet! there are still problems
> displaying the characters, still trying to figure out the ZWJ/ZWNJ thing!
>
> A fast check with Shabredo, opened a file in iso 8859-6 encoding. iot was
> good. really good work.
> didn't find a cp1256 file and my own copy of katoob is broken right now ;)
> "what a shame!" i'll do some more tests...

Great. This sounds good.

Please find attached two files for comparison. Please note that I am not sure
how successful my conversions are. The original text was in UTF-8 and the
Iran System file is just the result of a conversion, not originally saved as
Iran System.

BTW: Shabredo is available from the Downloads section of linuxiran.org now.

Greetings,
Arash
--
The FarsiKDE Project