Re: Katoob & Farsi support

On Sunday 20 October 2002 01:14, Nadim Shaikli wrote:

[...]

> BTW: URL for 'shabredo' ?

We used it around one year back as we needed to convert files from Zarnegar
format/encoding to Unicode.
I still introduce it to Iranians who wish to convert files to Unicode.

But now by checking it again and after having used KEdit and other editors for
Farsi, I see that it is not really helpful from RTL and BiDi user's point of
view. I.e. if you want to type in a document. It is lacking some basic
features.
It might still be usefull for converting formts to eachother. And Arabic is
among the different conversion routines that are available.
So regard it as a converter and it should be useful. I hope at least.
Any credit goes to the initial developer. We just added some minor
modifications.

It is available from:
http://www.linuxiran.org/downloads/Shabredo-130302.tar.gz

Arash