Re: QT bug

Salam All,

I have an idea about the origin of this bug, it may be caused by AUTO direction in QPainter Object...
I mean in QT you can choose the text direction in QPainter Objects with QPainter::drawText(). There are 3 possibilities:
QPainter::AUTO
QPainter::RTL
QPainter::LTR

Check http://doc.trolltech.com/3.1/qpainter.html#drawText and http://doc.trolltech.com/3.1/qpainter.html#TextDirection-enum

I presume that KDE programs use AUTO direction which is the default and thus when using arabic digits with arabic text the direction is supposed to be LTR !!! I think that the text direction should be also choosable by the user.

I even think that KDE programs use QWidget::drawText() which is simpler than QPainter.drawText() and it won't be then possible to change text direction unless a QPainter is used... Check http://doc.trolltech.com/3.1/qwidget.html#drawText . Trolltech's advice is to use QPainter to have more flexibility.

Well all this is only wild imaginings and I didn't look in the code and I don't know if I will have the time to.

I Maalam I plan to use RTL by default so now I'm not sad anymore ;) By the way, Maalam porting to QT seem to be easier than I thought ! I hope I will have something worth committing by next week or in 2 weeks maximum inch Allah !

Regards,

Youcef.

MSN Search, le moteur de recherche qui pense comme vous ! http://search.msn.fr/worldwide.asp