Re: Arabic Shaping Patch

On Wednesday 20 November 2002 12:37, Angus Leeming wrote:
> Isam, you seem to me to be describing input using the "Compose" key, a.k.a
> Multi_key, which LyX certainly does support. Eg with latin1 encoding
> Compose a ' -> �Compose u " ->
> Compose l = ->
>
> I'm no expert but assume that Arabic encoding can use this too.

I am not 100% sure what you mean .. but what I exactly mean is:
the letter ALEF have a shape .. the letter LAM have a shape .. when you put
the letters LAM_ALEF in that sequance in a word, they will not have the shape
of LAM+ALEF , but instead they have another shape .. so there will be one
shape for 2 letters .. here is what I mean ..
  I guess that Far east languages have this complex shaping, where more than
one keyboard key are used to compose one shape .. in Arabic we have it as
when two letters LAM and ALEF come after each other, they have another 1
shape instead of 2 ..

So this is not a keyboard issue, but rather a shaping issue ..

BTW Dekel Tsur: Did you accept the patch ? is it OK ? will it be added to the
CVS TREE ?

Yours
Isam Bayazidi