Re: Newbie - Introduction

I am quite a pico man myself. However, I do not have the blessing of multitabbed terminals (just really quick window switching). However, in larger projects, I would tend to use emacs (makes project management much easier, be rcs/cvs).

kdevelop is surely one of the first (free) graphical IDEs for UNIX operating systems. However, even after years of development it is still a very rusty product. Years, and their auto indentation still doesn't work as it should. Anjuta is the only project that is close to achieving MSIDEness.

From: Mohammed Sameer <Uniball at gmx dot net>
To: developer at arabeyes dot org
Subject: Re: Newbie - Introduction
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 22:09:26 +0200
Sender: developer-admin at arabeyes dot org

<SNIP>
My Inbox Happily Received This From Phactorial - @ Thu, 31 Oct 2002 15:23:05 +0000

> As experience will prove, the best IDE for Linux and other "UNIX" platforms
> will be conglomorate of shells available. However, if you do wish to use an
> IDE, there are several free IDEs. If you are a MSVC lover then I would go
> for Anjuta (certainly the best graphical IDE) or kdevelop. Emacs is also a
> nice "IDE", but not something a long-lasting Windows user would use.

#include <disclaimer.h>
/* "not to begin a war!" */

actually i don't even like anjuta though i consider it better than kdevelop "no comparison even!"
I usually use a multi tabbed terminal with pico or vi opened in many tabs and one extra tab for make or gcc
"another one for wvdial, mpg123, . ;)"

--
-- Katoob Main Developer