Re: Problem with Recent KDE CVSs and Arabic

On Sat, Mar 16, 2002 at 08:18:11PM -0500, Hesham Hassan wrote:
> Hi,
>   I wasn't sure where to post this, but I figured the developer list would be
> best.  Also, here more people are likely to be running KDE CVS versions.  For

It is a 'doc' issue, but who's counting ;) It could go either way.

> the past few days, I have been installing CVS versions of KDE and the Arabic
> translations, but they haven't been appearing properly.  Just today however I
> completed a recompile of all of KDE using a fresh checkout, and almost
> everything is fine, but the K-Start Application Menu appears only in English.

Since the CVS is constantly being merged with newer PO templates, some
of the translations end up being marked as fuzzy, and so they don't get
included when you compile it. That is why you may be getting
inconsistant results.

> Arabic.  This may all be intended however, so just ignore this if I am just
> out of the loop.

No.. you are not out of the loop ;) This is a 'work-in-progress', and so
since things are always changing, you sometimes don't get the full
effect.

Any die-hard KDE users? Maybe they can give you better tips as to get
the best ouf it.

later