Re: VIM + Arabic complex characters - done

--- Isam Bayazidi wrote:
> On Friday 08 March 2002 10:28 pm, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> > After a bit of hair-pulling, I was fortunate enough to recently be able
> > to add the Arabic meta-combining abilities (also termed "complex character
> > handling") to allow for the display "LAA" and its sisters as apposed to
> > seeing the odd combinations of LAM+ALEF :-)
>
> I guess you already know that .. but I thought I would note it ..
> - pressing 'Del' before the LAM_ALEF would delete the whole LAM_ALEF,
>   not only the LAM.
> - pressing BackSpace after the LAM_ALEF would delete the whole thing as well,

Yup - unfortunately that's a limitation in VIM's core and there isn't much
I can do about that without investing loads more of time and effort.  Since,
in my opinion, the end reward would not be worth the initial investment, I'm
very unlikely to go there - I'm not interested in revamping VIM's internals
(ie. there are bigger fish to fry :-)