Re: [emacs-bidi] Emacs for Arabic

Takahashi-san, first and foremost thank you again for your help and
interest in Arabic and the various issues there-in.  A couple of
things;

1. I'm attaching a very simple patch against what's currently hanging
   of the FTP site that makes some minor modifications and corrects
   a couple of encodings - do please apply it.

2. Regarding the "simplified" Bidi, could I suggest the following
   rather simple addition.  Pseudo-code would get the point across
   simpler.

     if ( first_char_is_RTL )
       Assume entire line is Right-To-Left
     else
       /* default */
       Assume entire line is Left-To-Right

     first_char_is_RTL
       {
          /* Look at the first character within a line to see and
             note its encoding, skip all punctuations (ie. '-', '+',
             '*', etc)
           */
          if (first_char is punctuation )
            first_char = get_next_char;

          if (
	      (first_char <= 0x060C && first_char >= 0x0670)  ||
              (first_char <= 0xfe70 && ...)
             )
	    return 1;
	  return 0;
       }

  This would really make things a great deal more usable when it comes
  to looking at file that contain both Latin and RTL lines.

3. Your comment about "Handa's available time" pertains to modifying
   the code to upload this to emacs' live CVS ?  In other words, this
   work/effort will make it to emacs' proper repository, correct ?
   So that we can expect emacs-21.3 (or emacs-21.4) once released to
   have this as native support.

Thanks again for all your help/support.