Re: feedback needed on fonts behavior in consoles on intel platform

By default most distros use the builtin bios text mode for console on
intel architecture, to achieve what you need, you should use the
framebuffer driver for that, what you need on most of distros is to
add some kernel parameters in boot time, I use these ones:

vga=0x314 video=vesa:ywrap

Thanks for the feedback Behdad. I had noticed indeed that the behavior was correct on framebuffer consoles, but that it didn't apply to the documented bahvior in text consoles.
Unfortunately, I wouldn't rely much on the user's switching to framebuffer, so maybe the solution would simply be to add an optional fix in Akka to paliate to this Linux' misbehavior...
It's not urgent though I guess.

Salaam,
Chahine