Re: [I18n]Re: XLFD subsetting and bdftruncate

"Moe Elzubeir" wrote on 2002-01-23 03:20 UTC:
> This would satisfy everyone who gets affected by the truncation (seeing
> that it certainly is not just Arabic that suffers).

It is only Arabic at the moment, because the CJK double-width fonts are
not truncated at the moment and the truncation preserves the
single-width characters that CJK users might need in the single-width
fonts. And I certainly don't want to add the same font twice.

If you want to make progress on this, please to a proper analysis of the
existing subsetting mechanics and document its limitations, and then we
shall see what might be the best way to go about this.

I'd also support the idea of removing the truncation for *only* the
10x20 font, as that ISO10646-1 font probabaly isn't used that much by
European users and seems to be of particular interest to you. Then there
would be at least one full standard font to experiment with for
subsetting. The patch for this might be slightly more complicated than
what Andrew posted though.

Markus